Saturday, April 19, 2008

# 31 Maps Are Not My Forte




I have no sense of direction. Just ask my husband. This is a man who can fly to any place in the country, jump in a car, find his way to an obscure little business in the middle of nowhere, AND snag the best parking spot in the lot. It's very discouraging when he does stuff like this so effortlessly. I consistantly blunder along in my car, not knowing in what direction I am headed or where on earth I am, most of the time. I'm lucky if I don't get lost at least once a week. So it came as no great surprise to me that exploring google maps left me feeling somewhat frustrated. After watching the tutorial, I tried to create a custom map to post. No luck. I watched the tutorial again, but still could not find the necessary links, or when I did find them, they didn't work like they did in the tutorial.

Online training is great, until you have a question or a problem. I'm not afraid to ask for directions. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding the little google gas station where I can stop and get them.

No comments: