Tuesday, September 25, 2007

iHCPL Week 3, # 6: More Flicker Fun


For this assignment, participants are invited to learn more about Flickr mashups, and create a blog post about one that intrigues him/her. What is most intriguing to me is the sheer number and variety of "tools" on Flickr and their numerous permutations. Will week #4 be about information overload?
I did not find many mashups particularly appealing. Retrievr: ick. Tagnautica never did load. Colorpicker: why? Maybe useful for decorators? FlickrFling: ditto. Flickrball and Flickrsudoku: I'd rather spend time with my family. I actually liked the images on Spell with Flickr and could see myself using these for banners. Captioner could also be useful, for a sarcastic, dry sense of humor application. Fastr was definately the most fun game. Everyone who was in the workroom when I tried it seemed to want to try it, too. It taught me about "tags" as well. Under Flickr Tools, the place I will revisit is "worldinpictures".
I clicked on some of the additional links, which were as numerous on the site as thorns on a rose bush. Under The Essential YouTube tools tab, is The Best of YouTube Blog, the highlight (?) of which was a squeeky cabinet door that sounded remarkably like Chewbacca. I read About Digg, and looked at Digg Spy. People really do have alot of time on their hands, don't they? This was merely skimming the surface of all the applications for Flickr et al. Frankly, I'm getting really "Tird" of that omitted "e".

No comments: