Monday, October 1, 2007

Ode to a Greek Tragedy

Socrates is said to have announced, "I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance." As we begin week 4 of iHCPL training, the fact of my ignorance blares like a foghorn in the effluvium. It not only becomes quite obvious to me, but is also dramatically highlighted as time passes and I am exposed to an ever increasing number of web sites and tools I had no knowledge of previously. In my wildest dreams I never imagined a site like Flickr even existed, or that I could edit pictures online, create trading cards and badges, or subscribe to favorite syndicated news feeds and blogs, rather than manually search for each individually. It's not the end of the world though. The bitter hemlock of ignorance is much easier to swallow when the fog lifts and enlightenment (not to mention, bling!) ensues. Salut!

No comments: