Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Whining about Wikis

Wikis are wonderful. I'm a little upset they weren't around when I was a student. Boy, doing research and group projects sure would have been alot easier. Finding a summer job between semesters could have been a breeze too. Hunting down that ellusive, cheap, off campus apartment...and travel to distant unknown lands, unencumbered by children and on a shoestring budget might have been easier with a city wiki guide to help! Professional conferences would have been more interesting/fun, and less exhausting/stressful. Whew! There are just so many uses for wikis! But nooooooo, I had to be born in the mid twentienth century when wikis weren't even close to being a glimmer in someone's imagination. Waah!

On the other hand, two words that make me smile today are: Distance Learning. Wooohooo! St. Joseph's County Public Library System has an incredible wiki. Can we have one like that? I was wowwed by the ALA Best Practices wiki as well. That would be a good one for me to bookmark on Del.icio.us because its site is loaded with so much information that I could not read it wikily (heh heh).

1 comment:

ctechnonot said...

Hello there Blog Queen,
Your posts always reflect your higher inteligence. I am just getting through by the skin of my teeth!! Have a great week! Hope all is going well for you.
:-)